Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Chilly Day Baking!

It's a snowy afternoon here today! -20 C This morning was a whopping -37, so I made a decision to stay home from playgroup with Miss C.

My plan was to clean (the house) Well, I've only managed to move my craftroom back  into the basement. That was fun! And now instead of cleaning I just whipped up a batch of bread pudding! Yumm! Cannot wait to find a recipe for rum sauce!




Bread Pudding Recipe

2 Cups Milk
2 Cups bread, cubed {I used brown bread because it was on sale!!}
1/4 Cup butter
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/3 Cup white or brown sugar
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp salt
1Cup raisins
Cinnamon for top

Measure milk in to heavy saucepan. Heat to almost boiling. Add bread and butter then remove from heat. Stir in eggs, sugar, salt, vanilla and raisins. Add cinnamon and put into oven safe dish. Bake at 350 degrees until set. About 45 minutes.
*to be less of a custard, double the bread*

Have a wonderful 12/12/12 day! Try to do something today that will make this day extra special! 

~happy crafting!~

No comments:

Post a Comment